An early alpha demo of Balance, a procedurally generated TPS game where you roam around a dark forest world controlling a golem, fighting huge, procedurally animated spiders and collecting powerups. (The current build has no sound or music).
Engine: Unity – Platform: Windows
- 3rd person character with keyboard + mouse controls and camera follow
- Procedurally generated 3D terrain chunks based on seed input
- Pooled and throttled object creation to keep a consistent framerate
- Dynamic loading and unloading of visible chunks reducing memory and CPU usage
- Inventory system with a hotbar, stackable items, option to drop the items onto the ground
- Spider enemies with inverse kinematics procedural animation and ragdolling death
- Patrol and follow AI for enemies
- Zoomable automap generated from the chunk data
- Save-load system serializing world, player and inventory state into a file
- Firing with auto-aim
The assets are either freely available or have been purchased from the asset store.